Larry G. Wilkins Announces for Sheriff
by NPT Staff
Posted on December 4, 2007
The following new release was sent to area media:
"Today, Larry G. Wilkins announces his candidacy for the Office of Sheriff of El Paso County.
"In 2006, Commander Wilkins retired after a twenty-six year career with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. He is the only candidate with experience on the Sheriff’s Command Staff, including command of both jails operated by the County. He is a graduate of the 162nd Session of the Federal Bureau of Investigations National Academy, and Leadership El Paso – Class XXIV.
"Larry currently serves as the Executive Pastor of Cielo Vista Church, where he oversees the financial and business aspects of the church.
"Upon election, he will build on the strong tradition of excellence of the Sheriff’s Office developed under the leadership of Sheriff Leo Samaniego.
"He will focus on:
-- Improving the employee disciplinary process,
-- Consolidating services with area agencies, and
-- Improving the working relationship with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Officers Association."
Other Sheriff's race and related stories:
Most Viewed Stories
- FORUM Arts and Culture: Contemporary Art (and Money) Matter
- Bad Moon Rising: The Crisis in Ciudad Juarez
- Sex clubs and swingers in El Paso
- Police Chief Finalists Named; Public Forum is Tonight, March 27
- EPA on Texas pollution rules: Not good enough
- Sergio Coronado announces campaign for county judge; election season under way
- Two Obama czars' offices opt out of drug war forum
- Dove season
- ABC-7 reporter and photographer handcuffed, detained while covering I-10 wreck
- Border militarization spreads and deepens